PREVENT ANTS FROM MARCHING ONE-BY-ONE INTO HOMES THIS SPRING
See Pest Control shares five simple steps to avoid an ant infestation
Collegeville, PA – Malvern, PA – Philadelphia, PA (May 1, 2017) – As weather conditions improve, ants will soon begin to enter homes in search of food and water. See Pest Control encourages homeowners to take proactive steps to reduce the likelihood of Seeing these nuisance pests in your garage or crawling across the kitchen counter in the coming weeks.
“Ants often infest kitchens and bathrooms, but homeowners may also encounter them in cooler spaces like basements, garages and around air conditioning units,” said Michael DiDomenico, President at See Pest Control. “The key to preventing ants from finding a way inside is to eliminate harborage sites around the property.”
Experts from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) recommend the following five simple steps that homeowners can do today to thwart an ant infestation.
- Block off access points. Take time to inspect the outside of your home for cracks and crevices, paying special attention to areas where utility pipes enter. Seal any small holes or gaps with a silicone-based caulk. Keep tree branches and other shrubbery well trimmed and away from the structure.
- Eliminate sources of water in and around the home. Indoors, routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture and repair any leaky pipes. Consider using a dehumidifier in damp basements, crawl spaces or attics. Outside, ensure that downspouts and gutters are functioning properly so that water flows away from the home’s foundation.
- Keep a clean kitchen. Wipe down counter tops and sweep floors to remove crumbs and residue from spills. Store food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator. Also, make sure to dispose of garbage regularly.
- Don’t forget about the pets. After mealtime, keep pet bowls clean and wipe up any spilled food or water around them promptly. Store dry pet food in a sealed plastic container rather than the paper bags they often come in, which can be easily accessed by ants, rodents and other pests.
- Work with a pest professional. Eliminating ants can be challenge without the proper treatment. Some species of ants, like carpenter ants, can cause serious property damage while others can pose health threats. If you See ants in your home, contact a licensed pest professional to identify the species and recommend a course of treatment.
For more information on ants or other common household pests, please visit www.SeeBugs.com or call 610-287-9804 or text 215-392-6871. Check out our service area to See if we have customers near you.
At See Pest Control, our staff love helping customers and are good at what we do. Whether it’s your first time hiring a pest control or lawn care professional or you are frustrated with your current provider because of extra fees, late or no-show technicians, technicians that don’t Seem to do anything, or your pest problems never Seem to go away, we can help you. With See Pest Control, it’s different because we do what we say… it’s our promise.